Download Session ScheduleDownload Session Materials
Download Conference Navigator
The Alliance for Nonprofit Management is the leading national knowledge community for funders, consultants, academics, pracademics, government employees, nonprofit leaders and other professionals focused on understanding and developing strategies to increase the capacity of nonprofit organizations and other actors working toward sustainable positive social change and community enrichment.
Using a research to practice platform, we promote evidence-based best practices and encourage the use of measurement, evaluation, and research, whether in the field or by academic institutions, to create a growing understanding of what techniques and practices meaningfully increase the ability of social change and community enrichment organizations to achieve their missions.
The Alliance actively works to create greater connectivity between the various actors essential to successful capacity building and social change. By creating a professional community welcoming to funders, researchers, consultants and nonprofit leaders alike, the Alliance increases the flow of information across subsectors, promotes a wider understanding of best practices, and facilitates system wide advances in the field of capacity building.
We also strive to provide our members with a variety of professional resources and practice development trainings that encourages their development as scholar practitioners, allowing them to better share their expertise, grow their practices, and provide the highest level of service to their clients and communities.
The 2014 Conference
The Alliance Annual Conference is designed by and for nonprofit capacity builders, nonprofit leaders, grantmakers and academics and is aimed at the following individuals:
- Management Support Organizations – MSO leaders share their experiences in leading successful MSOs, developing partnerships, delivering top-rate training and more.
- Consulting Firms & Independent Consultants – The conference includes a range of sessions addressing the business side of your work, issues facing experienced consultants, growing your consulting firm and how to survive and thrive in the technical assistance marketplace.
- Grantmakers – For grantmakers, the Alliance conference offers a unique opportunity to engage directly with specialists in areas that concern your grantees, such as collaboration, accountability, and financial management.
- Academic Centers, Researchers & Students – This vibrant network of thoughtful practitioners is a terrific resource as you develop curricula, design research, and work with your own local nonprofit community.
- National Networks & State Associations – Network, learn and share with colleagues and bring practical solutions back to your members. State association leaders gather at this inspiring conference to build stronger state associations that elevate, educate and energize the nonprofits you serve.
- Social Change & Grassroots Organizations – Context is everything in organizational effectiveness. Presenters will lead discussions and workshops on generating change, cultural competency, leadership development, building capacity for social change, evaluation and more.
- Internal Capacity Builders – Nonprofit Leaders who are responsible for implementing and managing their organization’s capacity related operations.
The 2014 Conference will be held on September 17-19 in Austin, Texas and will be hosted in partnership with the Texas Nonprofit Summit, co-produced by OneStar Foundation, and Greenlights for Nonprofit Success.
The Texas Nonprofit Summit is an annual nonprofit management conference of over 700 nonprofit professionals, board members, funders, and community leaders. Presented by OneStar Foundation and Greenlights for Nonprofit Success, this year’s 2014 Alliance Conference will be partnering and in collaboration with the Texas Nonprofit Summit. For more information on the Summit, please visit their website, https://www.texasnonprofitsummit.org.
OneStar Foundation promotes the nonprofit sector and innovative public-private partnerships to drive community solutions. Through connecting faith-based and community organizations, businesses, government, and foundations to resources and information about the nonprofits, OneStar Foundation works to build the strongest, most impactful nonprofit sector for the state of Texas.
OneStar also coordinates 2 important regional groups that the Alliance is please to work with for the 2014 Alliance Conference: The OneStar Academic Affinity Group (AAG) and the Nonprofit Management Alliance of Texas (NMAT). To learn more about these regional groups, click here.
For more information about OneStar, please visit http://onestarfoundation.org.
Greenlights for Nonprofit Success provides free or affordable valuable services and resources such as management consulting services, professional development workshops and conferences, in-depth research, and a variety of other services in order to strengthen communities through exceptional nonprofits. Greenlights is a a voice and a convener of the Central Texas nonprofit community. To learn more about Greenlights for Nonprofit Success, please visit http://www.greenlights.org.