Join us in Portland, OR on October 6,7 & 8th 2015
Regular Registration Now Open!
Register NowJoin the Alliance
The Alliance for Nonprofit Management is the leading national knowledge community for funders, consultants, academics, pracademics, government employees, nonprofit leaders and other professionals focused on understanding and developing strategies to increase the capacity of nonprofit organizations and other actors working toward sustainable positive social change and community enrichment.
Using a research to practice platform, we promote evidence-based best practices and encourage the use of measurement, evaluation, and research, whether in the field or by academic institutions, to create a growing understanding of what techniques and practices meaningfully increase the ability of social change and community enrichment organizations to achieve their missions.
The Alliance actively works to create greater connectivity between the various actors essential to successful capacity building and social change. By creating a professional community welcoming to funders, researchers, consultants and nonprofit leaders alike, the Alliance increases the flow of information across subsectors, promotes a wider understanding of best practices, and facilitates system wide advances in the field of capacity building.
We also strive to provide our members with a variety of professional resources and practice development trainings that encourages their development as scholar practitioners, allowing them to better share their expertise, grow their practices, and provide the highest level of service to their clients and communities.
The 2015 Conference
The Alliance Annual Conference is designed by and for nonprofit capacity builders, nonprofit leaders, grantmakers and academics and is aimed at the following individuals:
- Academic Centers, Researchers & Students – This vibrant network of thoughtful practitioners is a terrific resource as you develop curricula, design research, and work with your own local nonprofit community.
- Consulting Firms & Independent Consultants – The conference includes a range of sessions addressing the business side of your work, issues facing experienced consultants, growing your consulting firm and how to survive and thrive in the technical assistance marketplace.
- Grantmakers – For grantmakers, the Alliance conference offers a unique opportunity to engage directly with specialists in areas that concern your grantees, such as collaboration, accountability, and financial management.
- Internal Capacity Builders – Nonprofit Leaders who are responsible for implementing and managing their organization’s capacity related operations.
- Management Support Organizations – MSO leaders share their experiences in leading successful MSOs, developing partnerships, delivering top-rate training and more.
- National Networks & State Associations – Network, learn and share with colleagues and bring practical solutions back to your members. State association leaders gather at this inspiring conference to build stronger state associations that elevate, educate and energize the nonprofits you serve.
- Social Change & Grassroots Organizations – Context is everything in organizational effectiveness. Presenters will lead discussions and workshops on generating change, cultural competency, leadership development, building capacity for social change, evaluation and more.
NEW: Nonprofit Learning Tracks!
Join national and local nonprofit leadership experts, to learn, share, and increase your capacity as a leader.
With our primary partners, The Nonprofit Association of Oregon and the Institute for Nonprofit Management at Portland State University, we’ll draw both the Alliance’s national network and our partners’ local expertise to create a powerful and unique learning opportunity for nonprofit and social change leaders in the Pacific Northwest.
Conference Venue and Partners
The Alliance is excited to partner with with the Nonprofit Association of Oregon and the Institute for Nonprofit Management at Portland State University to offer the 2015 Alliance Conference + Nonprofit Learning Tracks.
The Conference will be held on the Portland State Campus with recommended lodging a short walk away. Learn more about our impressive local partners, this year’s venue, and accommodation and travel options for the 2015 Conference by clicking here